Table of Contents
Globally renowned fitness, sports, and health tech company Polar Electro has taken the wraps off two new running watches – Polar Pacer and Polar Pacer Pro.
The company said that both wearables will offer a superior running experience with powerful training and recovery features that help runners understand their bodies and know when they’re doing too much or not enough to reach their goals.
They are aimed at both first-time runners and more serious athletes and come with the insights to track miles and inform training.
READ MORE: Fitness tech pioneer Polar releases two new watches: Ignite 2 and Vantage M2
Polar Pacer Pro Is now on sale and the vanilla Polar Pacer arrives In shops In May.
Polar Pacer Pro
The ultra-light wearable Is powered by what the firm calls a high-performance core processor.
It includes an extensive suite of advanced training tools to help experienced runners improve their running economy and performance.
The new antenna design offers accurate GPS with up to 35 hours of training with full GPS and heart rate tracking enabled.
The firm said that the barometer in Polar Pacer Pro allows runners to automatically measure, in watts, power values from the wrist.
This means they can monitor the effort required for every segment of their run instantly, ensuring they always run at the right intensity and finish strongly.
The compact device sports super-grip buttons to withstand extreme weather condition while there Is an aluminium bezel surrounding the watch face.
It’s got a bright and power-efficient MIP (memory-in-pixel) reflective colour display and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 screen protection.
Users can easily customise the look of their watch with any standard 20mm wristband with quick release spring bars.
Polar Pacer is aimed more at new runners and promises to teach them how training affects their body, ensuring they find their pace and the right intensity.
Starting with the new Walking Test, beginners and inexperienced runners can easily estimate their initial aerobic fitness based on their VO2max – the ultimate figure to illustrate how much oxygen the body can absorb and use during exercise – by going for a 15-minute walk on a flat path.
Polar Pacer shares similar design principles and many of the capabilities of Polar Pacer Pro, including the MIP display and the ultra-thin Corning Gorilla Glass 3.0 screen.
It sports the same hardware platform and high-performance CPU that powers Polar Pacer Pro.
Key features on both wearables
- Running essentials : Everything runners need from start to finish, includes pace, time, laps, and stopwatch.
- Phased training targets : Users can plan a variety of workouts based on heart rate and speed zones for guided runs or set simple goals like ‘run 30 minutes’.
- Multiple running profiles : Whether they run across the city or on a track, users can define specific settings for different types of runs, including trail running, track & field, and indoor running.
- Route tracking : The built-in GPS that provides accurate speed and distance measurements to follow every stride and track runs anywhere.
- Running Performance Test: A maximal exertion test to estimate VO2max, fitness level, maximum heart rate, and personalise heart rate, speed, and power zones.
- Walking Test: This is an uncomplicated test to estimate aerobic fitness by going for a 15-minute brisk walk on a flat path.
- Running index : After every run, users get a score based on the relationship between heart rate and speed, so they can see how their running performance develops over.
- Sleep tracking features : Automatic sleep and recovery apps, including Nightly Recharge and Sleep Plus Stages, track the quality and duration of sleep, and how well the body recovers.
- Music controls : Users can connect to the music app on their phone to navigate around playlists and adjust volume straight on the watch.
- Smartwatch features : Current and forecasted weather conditions, push notifications, and 3rd party compatibility to connect with your favourite running apps.
- Ultra-long battery life : Up to 35 hours training time with full GPS and HR tracking enabled, and up to 100 hours (seven days) in power-save mode.
“Running is a beloved sport, and it shows no signs of declining. In fact, one-fourth of all the workouts our users record is a run,” Sander Werring, CEO of Polar Electro, said.
“At Polar, we’re committed to providing the guidance and support needed to pursue a healthier, more active lifestyle.”
Pricing and availability
Polar Pacer Pro is available today at Polar.com and retail stores worldwide for €299.90in Carbon Grey, Snow White, Midnight Blue, Autumn Maroon, and Aurora Green. Aurora Green will be available later this year.
Polar Pacer is available for pre-order now on Polar.com for €199.90 in Night Black, Cloud White, Deep Teal, Purple Dusk, and will start shipping in May.